• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holcomb Creek: June 11th or 12th

Drunk tank

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone interested in this? I was thinking run Holcomb then head over to John Bull (if theres plenty of time).

Post up if youd be down and which day would work for you. then we can decide on a meeting spot. I was thinking In highland just before ya head up the hwy 330. Think theres some places to grab food and stuff there.

Very possible...

shit.... well I dont know if Im gonna go if YOU are going! :laugh3:

Guess I best get the gears and the lockers in the jeep so I dont send one of your buds flying through the air in some rodeo move

Drunk tank said:
shit.... well I dont know if Im gonna go if YOU are going! :laugh3:

Guess I best get the gears and the lockers in the jeep so I dont send one of your buds flying through the air in some rodeo move

haha ;)

if I make it out, it would be the first run of the jeep since the suspension was redone. Right now its a total longshot because I dont think it will be ready, I saw it last weekend when I was up at Jims and it still had a long way to go. But if is done, it would just be geared at 4.10 and only locked in the rear, so no worries about keeping up =P

245/75-16's, 2.5" lift, rear posi and not the toughest lines available, but dang capable and fun to wheel.
Part of John Bull
BBJBJJ2.jpg

BBJBJJ3.jpg

We have wheeled, Holcomb, John Bull, Gold Mtn and other trails up there w/ no probs.

The 11th sounds good... Got work on Monday once again, so doing the whole late weekend thing for me is not on the cards right now.

So it sounds like saterday is the best day. So it'll probably just be Casm, Sintax and myself.... you guys wanna meet somewhere in the IE since we all will be passing through there?

Hey guys,

I may try to make this run. I need to get some work done on the Jeep between now and then. I will look at may schedule over the weekend and see what's going on. I plan on being in Big Bear the weekend after, but you can never wheel too much.

Robert

OH MY! 4 rigs! We may need to get insuracne for this event! Its getting pretty big! :laugh3:

Any you all bringing anyone else? I may bring the girl Ive been seeing for awhile since she likes to wheel

IF I make it, i'll bring my female with me. If my junk aint done, i may even still make it as I may have a MJ by then....

sintax said:
IF I make it, i'll bring my female with me. If my junk aint done, i may even still make it as I may have a MJ by then....
If you don't have your junk done, aren't you supposed to be working on it for the Con?

Kejtar said:
If you don't have your junk done, aren't you supposed to be working on it for the Con?

The Con is like a near impossiblity at this point, I would need to aqquire a tow rig capable of that trek.

Right now i'm just hoping we can wrap things up on it sometime soon. I know for a fact I wont have it geared or locked for a few weeks after I get it done. I need to recover the bank accounts some.

So which of you guys have been up to this area before? I was there a few years ago with folks from pirate... but I dont remember fer crap how to get to those two trails....

My handy dandy guide to california backroads and 4wheel drive trails has directions... but whaqts written in a book and reality tend to be very different

Been there. You can get maps and directions at the discovery center also. Not too dificult to find the trails up there, they are pretty well marked. When are you coming to run them? I didn't make it up there this past weekend, but will be up there on the 11th running either John Bull or Holcomb Creek, Maybe both.

Gonna head up there saterday morning. I figure even with everyone fawkin around and bein slow we'd still be able to do holcomb and john bull with no troubles

So those that are comming... where ya wanna meet up?

Drunk tank said:
So which of you guys have been up to this area before? I was there a few years ago with folks from pirate... but I dont remember fer crap how to get to those two trails....

My handy dandy guide to california backroads and 4wheel drive trails has directions... but whaqts written in a book and reality tend to be very different

I have ran Holcomb 2 times this year, once in each direction. I can get us there. We ran it with SoCal NAXJA last month from East to West. . Just need to know if you want to run East to West or opposite. Once that is determined, we can make a meeting place and post an actual run announcement.

Thanks,

Robert

I am from Nor Cal and just made a trip down that way and hit John Bull from East to West. I have to say that trail KIX ASS!!!! A lot of rigs though and a lot of folks taking bad lines and getting stuck. Had 2 TJ's open and my XJ on 31's with LS in the rear and we walked over everything. I'll post pix and stuff later.

Did not have time to hit Holcomb though. Bent my rear DS on Saturday so I was out of commision.

rpraterxj said:
I have ran Holcomb 2 times this year, once in each direction. I can get us there. We ran it with SoCal NAXJA last month from East to West. . Just need to know if you want to run East to West or opposite. Once that is determined, we can make a meeting place and post an actual run announcement.

Thanks,

Robert

Which way is harder? Lets do that way

:wierd:

Back