• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS code 24 problem...high idle at park

dumbagain

NAXJA Forum User
check engine light on, code 24 high voltage to tps scanned
replaced tps and test rode...didnt help.

i have a startup problem then after driving when parking the idle is high about 1250-1500 rpms?

still getting code 24 after new tps is in.

any suggestions?
what determines the voltage to the tps?

My code reading software comes up with something different for an error of P0024. Where'd you get that?

OK...that's better. You said you tried another throttle body that had known functional things like TPS, MAP and IAC?

With that high idle it might be worth it to start by removing the Idle Air Control and gently cleaning it. You should find plenty if you search for IAC. It's easy to do and it'll be free really.

I searched google and found a few issues with that code. One was a Durango that had a bad wire going to the TPS. A bad ground. The other was a Mitsubishi Evolution and I can't recall the issue with it now but it was wiring related. I had a problem with my 96 not starting and then falling on it's face and stalling when I let off the throttle. TPS did nothing to it and so I tried cleaning IAC. Mine turned out to be really strange. My battery load tested at the appropriate volts but cold cranking amps were down below 100 and so the ECU was as groggy as me after a night of partying past 11 p.m.

forgot to mention...
i've got an airbag light that goes on and off also.
read somewhere about a clockspring problem that will affect both airbag light and tps problems...
anyone have this problem?

I have that code still coming at me even though I replaced the TPS too. I'm sure it's a wiring problem. Mine dosn't rev high though, it stumbles when I accelerate. Happens when ever it rains/has rained. Hasn't happen in the past few weeks though since we've been in a drought. It's the least of my concerns right now, though. My passenger sides engine mount bolts sheared, gotta get them out of the block, grrr.

dumbagain said:
forgot to mention...
i've got an airbag light that goes on and off also.
read somewhere about a clockspring problem that will affect both airbag light and tps problems...
anyone have this problem?

That's exactly what the problem was with the Durango that I read about yesterday. I'll see if I can find that site again.

after much research.....
it was that damn CLOCKSPRING problem!
disconnected the airbag and horn from the clockspring and my idle is beautiful and no missing while accelerating.
will replace soon.
thanks to all!

Back