• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power door lock fuse?

jd350az

NAXJA Forum User
Everything I can find online says #13 in the fuse panel under the dash is a power door lock fuse. Mine keeps blowing, but I don't have power door locks, or Windows. And now the jeep won't start. The fuel pump isn't coming in at all. I went searching for a fuel pump fuse but nothing is coming up. Then I found #13 blown, replaced it and it blew again. I'm pretty sure I'm going to find lots of electrical problems with this XJ, previous owners seem to have done some weird things. Where should I start to diagnose the fuel pump issue? Would cps cause that or would it at least run the 3 seconds when you turn the key on?

It is likely that the power door wires are in the door wire harness. Failure of tailgate and drivers door wire harness leading to short circuits, are very common. Inspect the door and tailgate wires at and near the rubber boot for chafed wire insulation, broken wires, and failed wire splices.

standard.jpg

If there are no vital or safety functions on that fuse, you can leave it with no fuse.

Back