• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reno Fest 2019

Damn, that’s awesome. I want to do that someday. Do you have an itinerary planned?

Very loose itinerary at this point, but general plan is to take a ferry from the tip of Vancouver Island up the inside passage up to Haines (just above Juneau). I’ve never been to Alaska before and I find it amazing that you just can’t drive to Juneau (the capital) or Ketchikan. From Haines, continue the drive North through Western Canada then a big loop towards Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks. On way back pass through Calgary to visit a buddy, hitting National Parks along the way. The only hard date I have to make is meeting wife and youngest son in Seattle mid June for 10 days. Then I’m solo again to continue trip North. I retired last year so I’m on my own schedule. That’s the plan anyway at this point.

Have a blast at Reno and Sierra Fest, I always look forward to wheeling, camping, and hanging out with you guys!

It’s like you’re making the best of your retirement. This is what you worked all those years score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im gonna miss you Art at reno, but im stoked for you for your trip !

If I don't meet the minimums for lockers or properly geared 33's (running 3.55's at the moment) is it worth the effort of attending or am I better off waiting for next year?

I've got everything else listed under Sierra chapter minimums including the highly recommended stuff, just won't be regearing and installing lockers until December.

you would be fine for the friday and saturday runs since Friday most things can be bypassed by the "High Road" up at Prison hill that goes above the canyon we usually wheel and saturday is an easy run- but at least one locker would be ideal . Sliders and tow points are a must as you read in the requirements. sunday you would need to ride along with someone. there is always some open seats

dc215c0a6f44ca0e616799bd59c558ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im coming up thurs night

Count me in.

Looks like I'm out. I'm starting a new job this week (a good thing). Too soon to ask for time off.
See you at Sierra fest if not sooner.

I'll be coming Thursday night or early Friday morning depending on if I want to set up camp at night or not.

I'll be heading up Thursday, leaving around 9AM or 10AM from the bay area to get up there early afternoon.

A question for our treasurer or Mr President - do we need to PayPal NAXJA anything for the campsite fee ahead of time?

Thats a good point. I dont recall paying for my spot yet.

Less than a month to go guys!

I’m planning on heading out Tuesday night, getting there Wednesday afternoon sometime. Or Wednesday morning and get there Thursday.

Hey patrick, can you start collecting money and sending PayPal invoices?

Renofest. Looks like I will be skipping this year. Doing bath remodel, removing wall, and all new flooring. Also moving into that place. So Hope everyone has a great time. Please oh please have a great Time without me.

Back