• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lights flashing no start:confused:

mattgwozdz

NAXJA Forum User
My lights are flashing on my 92 xj limited and it will not start. I dont know what is going on with it. I did the whole lock or un lock the doors routine and nothing happened. it rolls over acts like it wants to start and the light are flashing wen i hook the battery up. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. My lower dash is curently tore appart and the wiering is hanging out like guts out of a IED victom. I found the security box un pluged it and no change. can some one help me. e mail me back at [email protected] i love my xj and i dont want to part it out and scrap it. if i cant fix it thats whats gonna happen to it:skull2::cry:

We need to separate a couple of issues: 1) when did the dash get dismantled and why, 2) do you have spark and fuel to the engine 3) is there a keyless security system installed, factory or otherwise.

If you have spark and fuel, the computer may not be getting a timing signal, or may be getting shut down from the security system.

Let us know.

The dash is tore appart becouse i was told it was the factory security system not letting it start. I was looking for any kind of burnt electrical . evrything is still hooked up and there but it just looks like a rats nest becouse the wiers are hanging down. It has spark and fule. the headlights are flashing, its like they think there 4ways. but it will act like it wants to run. It will do the little start up and die right off like once it starts there is something cutting out instantly. Its a limited and has every creature comfort that a 92 xj could have. power everything with digital compas and temp and mileage. everything still works on the jeep eaven the old R12 A/C system. power windows and locks. i dont know if it had a keyless entry becouse i dont have a key fob.

Back