• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

popping in front end

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
I have a n 89 4dr, r.5inch lift, coils, re1600 tracbar,adjustable uppers,lowers, new steering, new ball joints. when I get out wheelingand get her flexed out, like going through a deep crossditch, climbing big rocks I'm getting a popping noise here and there, I am thinking its maybe the sindgle shear tracbar ans stock mount flexing? its all tight. I'm locked now so it sees a little more fun stuff than before, I plan to upgrade thr tracbar, should i go with a re1660 and bracket? andything else to strenthen up that mount? should I plate the "framerail" before I put the hd tracbar mount on? just looking for advice before i spend hard earned money, thanks!

Look at your trackbar mount to frame rail bolts. Have seen this first hand with other lifts. You may consider welding it to the frame also.

Back