• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advance Adapters V8 Mounts?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone around here used them? Just wondering about fitment, quality, etc. They look like they're very stout, and seem quite impressive. I'm thinking about putting a FI LT1 350 in my MJ and am going to use their mounts if possible. If anyone has had experience with them, please let me know.
Thanks,
Collin

i used them. i ended up moving my motor back a few inches and had to remake the mounting tabs.... but they do work, but designed to use an auto trans, i was using the stock ax-15 trans and there was like a 4" gap between the motor and trans bellhousing, and i couldnt move the trans forward any farther...

anyway, now i've pulled my 350 out and working on installing my big block chevy in there.

header selection is limited to the tightest shorty headers you can find.

i used them. i ended up moving my motor back a few inches and had to remake the mounting tabs.... but they do work, but designed to use an auto trans, i was using the stock ax-15 trans and there was like a 4" gap between the motor and trans bellhousing, and i couldnt move the trans forward any farther...

anyway, now i've pulled my 350 out and working on installing my big block chevy in there.

Ahh alrighty, I'm planning on using a 4L60E so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll have to keep the shorty header thing in mind too, will the stock manifolds not work as far as your experience goes?

stock manifolds will work fine. I ran some of the old chevy "ram horn" style manifolds like came on the old vettes. One just cracked on my a month ago and that was the deciding factor of my total rebuild/big block decision.

shoot if i wouldnt have cut one of the mounts up i would give them to you. but the driver side tabs are cut off...

shoot if i wouldnt have cut one of the mounts up i would give them to you. but the driver side tabs are cut off...
Ahh no problem, if they'll work fine I have no problem dropping the 2 bills on them. I just want to make sure everything is kosher before I do it. I've got the LT1 in my Caprice right now that I can put in there so with the engine sourced I just need to find a tranny and then the random minor things I'm going to need to get everything running correctly. My point of starting this thread was just about quality of the mounts though, so I should probably stay on topic. Thanks for your responses man.

Back