• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper linkage assembly

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
are the wiper linkages compatible for all years? minus the motor plug? mine has play in it and its not the bushings. on the drivers side the shaft that the wiper mounts to wobbles. and if i head to the junkyard id like to know if it fits beforehand.

it will be going into an 88

are the wiper linkages compatible for all years? minus the motor plug? mine has play in it and its not the bushings. on the drivers side the shaft that the wiper mounts to wobbles. and if i head to the junkyard id like to know if it fits beforehand.

it will be going into an 88

So when you say wiper linkage I am guessing you mean what I call wiper transmission. Best I can tell the part # is 83500660. Looks like '84 to '93 will work. XJ, Comanche, Wagoneer. Funny thing is '94 to '96 looks like a different part #. 55155297. Even funnier is this is the same part # for '97 and up. Find it weird that at least '94 to '96 won't work. Unless it is just a new part # for the exact same part.

Go here and download all the PDF parts catalogs. I find them great for researching this exact type stuff. Only reason I could post what I did.

https://xjjeeps.com/

So when you say wiper linkage I am guessing you mean what I call wiper transmission. Best I can tell the part # is 83500660. Looks like '84 to '93 will work. XJ, Comanche, Wagoneer. Funny thing is '94 to '96 looks like a different part #. 55155297. Even funnier is this is the same part # for '97 and up. Find it weird that at least '94 to '96 won't work. Unless it is just a new part # for the exact same part.

Go here and download all the PDF parts catalogs. I find them great for researching this exact type stuff. Only reason I could post what I did.

https://xjjeeps.com/

thank you. i know the connector changed on the motor itself. but i didnt know if the "transmission" was the same.

Remove the assembly. You might be able to tighten the bolts on the motor or replace the plastic bushings from the Help section at the parts store.

Add a ground wire from the motor to the chassis for better performance while you're at it.

am i splicing a wire for the ground or just wiring it into the motor area?

Splice into the ground wire at the motor and ground that wire to a wiper pivot mounting bolt.

Otherwise, the wiper grounds at the driver side inner fender after going all the way across the front of the Jeep for about 9 feet......

Back