• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Manifold for 94XJ

Note that although they say direct fit they may not be to oem spec. A great example is the head flange thickness. Factory original or quality after market flange thickness is approximately 0.490" thick. A 0.5" thick flange that was milled/ground true. While cheap after market manifolds use a out of spec flange thickness of approximately 0.39" who knows what they originally started out with maybe 0.5 with excessive milling or 0.4" with 10 thousandths taken off. It doesn't seem like a big difference but when they are bolted to the head with the intake manifold the difference really shows. The conical washers are at an angle as they are torqued down which means the torque value isn't valid or equal between manifold.

What does this mean to you? It means you could have a premature exhaust leak at the head. I would call the place you choose to buy the manifold from and specifically ask what the head flange thickness measurement is. If they can't tell you then it's probably from China and a good possibility it is out of spec. I contacted an ebay seller for the fun of it and asked for the flange spec. They didn't know but assured me it would be exactly oem fitment. Well I got my money back and a POS manifold out of it.

Back