• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCoG Downtravel

Metzroth

NAXJA Forum User
2959311c.jpg

What do you think? I know I'm kinda cheating with the jack but I just finally finished the front and wanted to post a picture. My build thread is on JF but i think their server is down or something. This jeep is lifted 2" in the front and 2.5" in the rear. I've been working on it since November one thing at a time. It was completely stock in November.

Those shocks look awfully long and I dont see any additional bumpstops.

have you bumpstopped it?

i run 31's on my 2"/2.5" spacer/AAL bb right now and it rubs pretty good over bumps

this spring i'm installing my new 8.25 with 4.56s/spool and putting 4.56/aussie in my D30 and going to 34x9.5 LTBs and was wondering how much longer the bumpstops should be

What do you think?

its nothing impressive. but most flex doesn't mean you have the most capable jeep out there. if you want more flex you need to find out what limits it and address that, be it shock length, brakeline length (hope not) control arms binding/hitting, trackbar, or whatever.

What exactly are you asking? You don't have much of a choice for additional down travel unless you change your control arms. Looks good-to-go for me.

I don't know much about the new OME shocks, but here is mine at 2" with 30" tires and factory LCA's. Looks about the same.

2051924972_2d0c4f1f2f_o.jpg

looks good to go to me.
Want more drop. Do the grinding like listed above.
You got the right idea. Flex her out and craw under there. CHECK everything. You don't want any stearing part, brake line or shock to be your travel limiter. But many do use there shocks to limit travel with few problem. I say strap it soon.
luck

I use my beautiful bright red gabriel guardian shocks as limit straps.

If the ends rip off or it blows them out, I bring them back to autozone for warranty replacement... only happened once so far.

using shocks as bumpstops sucks. rubber is softer and cheap

using shocks as limit straps isn't too bad if you are just wheelin and flexin out. but if your tires see air time they could very well pull apart (had it happen with 5150's and others)

This is how much drop I get with short arms. I acheived this with shock length, break line length, clearancing the AE LCA mount, and lengthened drive line. (I didn't actualy lengthen the drive line, I installed a shorter yoke at the t-case.)

picture.php

-waits for the seatbelt comments-

when getting that much droop with shortarms keep an eye on your driveshaft length. thye can be completely compressed when the axle gets pulled back that far

-waits for the seatbelt comments-

when getting that much droop with shortarms keep an eye on your driveshaft length. thye can be completely compressed when the axle gets pulled back that far

On the seatbelt-My passenger that day has only one leg, so I got out to take the pic.
On the driveline length-I miss wrote-It should have been "SHORTEN the driveline", but I installed a shorter yoke at the t-case.
Also with the shorter yoke, I had to clearance the crossmember for the driveline.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Please refer to my Signature!!

I agree, OP's droop is nothing special. Bumpstop and long travel shocks will get you more droop. I could drop the tire below the rocker panel with short arms, but at that point, you usually don't have any weight on that tire, so you better have a locker.

If you are running stock arms you will need to make notch the mounts to get more drop.
Also make sure you brake lines are long enough, I still need to install my longer ones.

Here was one before my long arm install.
5195793000_34df7a8c40_z.jpg

Back