• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag turnsignal blower?

gebeme

NAXJA Forum User
New XJ owner needing help already. Driving to work, hit a bump, and the blower motor quit at the same time as the airbag warning light turned on. Continue down the road, hit some more bumps and everything started working again. Drive home, problems come back and stay.

All fuses test good.

I thought it might be the ignition switch going bad so I replaced it; problem persists.

Might be the clockspring, but the horn works so maybe not? Would the clockspring affect the blower fan?

A clue might be the turnsignal. When the airbag light is on, the turn signals don't work. If I start the engine and immediately hit the turnsignal stalk, the signals work fine and the airbag warning light does NOT come on. How do these two interfere?

What else should I test or look at?

PO had some professional modifications done to the Jeep including electrical stuff: auxiliary lights, stereo system, stinger security system. It's been altered but by people who knew what they were doing.

4.0 4wd 5 speed
fixed steering column

Back