• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement stock front springs

Woodswanderer

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for suggestions on a set of stock height front springs. Heavy duty preferred, this will be a tow rig. Poly spring seats included a plus

Currently leaning towards the crown HD springs, but not sure what they will do when paired with the Husky leaf springs from rockauto. They sit about 1/2”-3/4” higher than stock (~2000mi break in)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1996 xj

installed husky heavy duty (Variable Rate) coils
and set of husky (745lb)leafs
(bilstein shocks)

300 miles on them.

top of the (235mm) tires to bottom of flare

front
5 inches
rear
4 inches

From old super clapped out coils and leafs, I am happy.
Overall look is good.

for a set of coils for $65.
worst case, swap em.

(autozone has coil retractors to lend to the public)

Crowns will probably be fine, rear is where you need the strength. Be careful about aftermarket rear leafs, cheapies and expensive ones can be made the wrong length and give crappy shackle angle and poor ride, and cause other issues. Cracked my mint dash from a 90 degree shackle angle. And if she’s a dedicated tow rig, 8.8 swap with more gear would probably help even more. Good luck

1996 xj

installed husky heavy duty (Variable Rate) coils
and set of husky (745lb)leafs
(bilstein shocks)

300 miles on them.

top of the (235mm) tires to bottom of flare

front
5 inches
rear
4 inches

From old super clapped out coils and leafs, I am happy.
Overall look is good.

for a set of coils for $65.
worst case, swap em.

(autozone has coil retractors to lend to the public)

I need to measure my rear after doing the husky leafs. Where did you find the variable rate fronts? Im looking at the Crown HD fronts with a set of .75” poly spring seats to level it out

My ass does sit ~0.5-0.75” higher than front when on level ground. It definitely improved over the originals

Went with the crowd HD’s referenced here. Trying to find stock height poly spring seats if anyone has a recommendation.

Picked up the HD spring clips and bolts from fleabay and have skf control arms incoming

Back