• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RRO TRE goin out Options please?

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ok, i have the RRO adjustable trackbar with the TRE and <sarcasim> Gawrsh, the TRE went out - shocking... </sarcasim>
i e-mailed the guys at RRO and asked them for specs and consistantly with my expierence of their tech department, they sent me a part number - not real specs... anyway...

their TRE is a MOOG ES140R
and with the wonders of google i came up with the following specs (im not sure of their correctness)
website said:
I'm told that the TRW ES140R (right-hand thread,
11/16" dia) has the threaded part going right up to the body of
the rod end,
from here

my plan in buying this setup was to run with the TRE till it went out and then upgrade to a RE or a Rusty's HD end with either a heim or a bushing style end like the other one after this thread. i read somewhere about a currie JJ being used as well.
my complete lift components can be read about here.
i have searched, but not found anything conclusive.
anyone else do this swap?
any pointers?

thanks for anything
-Ranger
CLIFF NOTES: Replacement for the TRE on the RRO adjustable trackbar - what are my options?

While I can't answer your question, I'll ask you one if you don't mind.

I am or will be in the same boat. I came across a great deal on a used RRO adjustable trac-bar I stripped the paint and repainted, installed the new ES140R tre and will be installing it this weekend with the lift.

What kind of problems are you having with it? How long have you been running it and how many times have you replaced the tre?

Just curious if maybe it wasn't such a great deal to be using the RRO trac-bar.

TIA.

Dirk Pitt said:
While I can't answer your question, I'll ask you one if you don't mind.

I am or will be in the same boat. I came across a great deal on a used RRO adjustable trac-bar I stripped the paint and repainted, installed the new ES140R tre and will be installing it this weekend with the lift.

What kind of problems are you having with it? How long have you been running it and how many times have you replaced the tre?

Just curious if maybe it wasn't such a great deal to be using the RRO trac-bar.

TIA.
i think my problem is from bad lubrication because the boot that RRO sent with the product doesnt hold grease on there to well. I have had it for 5 months. im sure the fault isnt in the part its self, but in my error.
this is the first tre to go bad - want to upgrade now and not deal with it anymore...

i know that someone has done this... everyone on this forum is upgrading all the time - even of the aftermarket stuff. what hiem or "superflex joint" or JJ did anyone go with and does anyone know if it will fit the shaft?

Back