• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I should have stated stock length mounts. I have a pile of shorten and made ones just like Zones such. This is for a stock xj thats getting different rear axle and want to run long shocks without cutting the inner fender well.

fb43ec53bb0f4040f8f789878b9690ad.jpg

mac ‘awesome weekend’ gyvr

Question. My 16 EcoBoost has only had 93 octane since I bought it. (Except for the tank the dealer bought) I just sold my travel trailer that I towed on a regular basis. Should I keep up the 93, or say the heck with it and run 87?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why would you put in more than required, that’s just a waste of money.

My 2018 eccoboost has only had 87 octane gas in it...

mac ‘in three tanks’ gyvr

10 year ago I bought my current XJ. It the longest I've ever owned a vehicle and I only almost got rid of it once.

P9110101.jpg 20180812_193613.jpg

7 drinks in the last 4 hrs

Last two were doubles

mac ‘primed for this flight’ gyvr

Question. My 16 EcoBoost has only had 93 octane since I bought it. (Except for the tank the dealer bought) I just sold my travel trailer that I towed on a regular basis. Should I keep up the 93, or say the heck with it and run 87?

I normally run 89 in mine. Running 87 won't hurt it. Manual says it's rated for 87 but when using it hard during towing to run 91.

Thinking of looking at Toyota Tacomas. Anyone have any thoughts good or bad? Think it would tow the jeep once or twice a year fine?

SeanR,Josh,any other yota guys?

A buddy has a 2016 Taco, tows a 5500lb camper with it. It does ok. It's only rated for 6k...be pushing things towing the jeep...

I love Indiana until it's time for license plates.

Just registered the new f150... $610
RV is due next month...$1350...

mac 'need some ot' gyvr

Thinking of looking at Toyota Tacomas. Anyone have any thoughts good or bad? Think it would tow the jeep once or twice a year fine?

SeanR,Josh,any other yota guys?

Too small to tow that much safely. I towed our old camper with 'Yota and the wind blew it around, it would heat up on hot days pulling hills with the A/C on and it only got 7 MPG.
It was an idea, not a good one, but an idea...
But my 'Yota has stock gears and 35s so your millage may vary.

Long story short, I had to install a new trans cooler and discovered that my ac condenser is about shot (sections of fins are falling out). The AC system still currently functions. I am looking for opinions as to whether or not I should repair or remove the system. If I keep it and replace the condenser, at least one line will have to be replaced as the line and fitting are rusted together. I wouldn't consider my XJ a daily, but I do drive it plenty around town and out of town. I have used the AC 3 times since I bought it from Chad, all on days where it was hot and raining.
What's everyone's thoughts?

Back