• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock steelies

89 XJer

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have the stock steelies on my cherokee and I have 31x10.50x15 tires sitting in my garage to go on them. I just came across a set of steelies on EBAY and they are advertised as 15x6, is this true? I thought all the stock rims were 15x7. Will my tires fit theese rims or should I start looking for another set?

I,m running 31/10.50s on stock 7" rims with no problems.Early XJ,s had the narrow rim6" as did the Wranglers.
Wayne

Ive heard of it but never actually met anyone or seen it.

You should be able to do it but it will look like donuts and you might also wear your tires faster in the center, along with limited tire to surface contact...

Okay, I will try to save for some rockcrawlers then. Thanks for the fast response

It won't be a problem. A buddy of mine ran 31x10.50s on a 15x6 rim and never had unusual wear. Looked great too!

89 XJer said:
Okay, I will try to save for some rockcrawlers then. Thanks for the fast response

Beware of the brand.....just because it's Nascar black with a tough name attached doesn't mean it's better. Seen a few of these rims bend with mild trail use, FWIW.
I've run 15x7 stock 5 spoke steels wheels for 3 years with 32's and no odd tirewear or handling issues, BTW they are bolted to 1.25" billet adapters for a total BS of 4".
Tracy Micheal's ran 33x12.50' on these rims for years with no problems, your call here.

Back