• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place in socal for recovery points?

KingOfTheHill

NAXJA Forum User
looking to do this FIRST..

i know the options out there but are there any local? somewhere i can drive to pick some up? need front and rear... considering bumpers if i can find a good price on them..

im out of the loop here and curious if anyone local sells them?

Thanks

JOe

I used the C4x4 brackets for a while 'till I bent one of them. I'd recommend 'em if you're trying to go cheap. I just replaced them with the JKS steering box brace which has a tab for a tow hook welded to the frame rail, I feel much better about it than the C4x4.

Another option would be tow hitches front and rear. The rear one should be easy, and there are a few guys on here who could give you tips on installing a front hitch. That would be really strong, as well as being pretty inexpensive.

I'll bet Billy (hellbilly04) could weld you up some pretty nice bumpers if you asked him. :) My old C4x4 tow hook brackets are still in his garage I think, if you want to try them out and see if they'll work for ya, you're welcome to. The non-bent one is still in great shape. :)

Hey KingoftheHill, very last minute, but I have some 3" front coils if you need them.....

Thanks guys... i just got hit with my XJ not passing smog today... i got some work to do (new O2 sensor and EGR valve) im hoping i can avoid buying a Cat...

i'll pm a few of you

THANKS!

JOe

ocean_jet said:
I might know someone with a aftermarket trailer hitch they aren't using. Let me check.

Well, my buddy doesn't recall if he pitched it out, or if he stil has it. (Short term memory loss I guess... :dunno: )

Either way, he won't be in the country until late Friday night, so I don't think it would be possible for this weekend.

Back