• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Fog light switch...

BigRedJeepster0381

NAXJA Member #1011
I ordered a factory fog light switch so I could hook up my aftermarket fog lights to it. However, I don't know if it will work because it has a different harness to it as opposed to the aftermarket hookup. Is there anyone that has had luck with hooking up aftermarkets to the factory switch or is it too much work and a PITA?

A switch is a switch. You may need to splice on a terminal to fit the factory switch but it'll operate your lights.

I used my factory fog light switch for my after market fog lights. Once I cut or took off my original fog lights, I cut off the plug-in for the factory lights, and I just used the wires as a splice in to the factory wireing. They work just like the stock fogs did, brights on, fogs off. Plus I still used the switch that came with the after market fog lights too, because they have a high and low beam switch. I have had no problems with hooking everything up like this, it's worked out great as matter of fact. Hope this helps ya out!

Does the factory fog light switch have a dual position? I want to instal dual driving/fog lights and would perfer the factory look in switches.

No. The factory lights are fog only and the switch is ON-OFF only. SPST with pilot light.

Back