• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July Chapter Trail Ride

So where about is this "adventure" going to be in the Uintahs? If i were to go I need to plan a budget and other stuff... What are we doing camping, wheeling, hiking? I want to get excited about this so I can sell it to the woman

ya the plan is to be on the lower end around the duchesne gorge and murdock basin area. not really much for wheeling but plenty for fishing and hiking and scenery. i'll be getting a thread going soon, been dealing with the Tshirts and such.

right now the plan is camp in the murdock basin area, wander to the duchesne gorge and then to a few lakes in the area, one will need 4wd to get to. probably fish for a bit (those that wanna) then the next day head up to alexander lake (4wd will be needed for this one too) before heading home. this is the idea at the moment, its posssible it could change cause like the doc said shit's a burnin up there!

well the spot i love isn't by a lake it's by a stream, but is hard to find for late comers so i dunno if we'll end u there or not.

July chapter run

I did it iagain, thought it was posted but just noticed it wasn't sorry all.

Where-murdock basin

When-july 28-29

***This is a fee area, $6.00 cash is needed for the self serve pay station just off the hwy or at the OHV staging area at soapstone.****

Here's the plan so far........ saturday meet up in the murdock basin OHV staging area at 9am. head down to the duchene gorge and wander around for a bit, then head up to a few of the hidden lakes in the area. maybe do some fishing if time allows. head back and camp for the night. then sunday either head up to alexander lake or pack up and take the scenic way home. a few of us will be up there friday evening to setup camp so when in the area look for the NAXJA banner. that's where we'll be.

directions--head to kamas either through heber or park city, from kamas take the mirror lake hwy (150) about 14 miles east, the murdock basin rd is on the right and has a sign partially hidden by trees so it's easy to pass.

here's a map.

Kamas

murdock basin turnoff

we'll be on CB channel 34 so if your lost start hollering and hopefully we'll hear you :)

so in short, a bit of hiking, mild wheeling, possible fishing and lots of wandering through utah's high mountain area's.

See you there! and if you want to spend a weekend in beautiful country anyone is welcome to join friday!

Last edited:
I was up in this area (kind of) yesterday and I'm happy to report it's way way much more green and wet than it has been. They have been getting rain pretty much every afternoon.

Too bad they won't lift the fire restrictions before you go....

ya i was up there last weekend checking things out, found 3 new route closed signs that weren't there in the past and lots of water in the area. its really green as can be up there right now.....

and i keep hoping they will lift it but with the dead trees in the area i doubt it.

Dead trees have been there for twenty years. That's not the issue. The issue is people are in a panic right now and as always they want the government to "do something" about the fire danger. If they were to lift the ban they would have a real firestorm (no pun intended) from all of the idiots who are in such a panic.

i knew it was too good to be true.....seeing you at two runs in a row was luck :laugh3:

need any help? :)

Back