• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another boring day at work...

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
This fellow had brain surgery yesterday...
DSCF0243.jpg

We don't have a chisel big enough for this french dude's noggin...
DSCF0246.jpg

Oh Look! it's a cute 11 year old Pomeranian...
DSCF0248.jpg

All set for launch?
DSCF0253.jpg

Into the breach you go!
DSCF0252.jpg

Time for giant electromagnets to do their thing!
DSCF0254.jpg

Coworker processing images...
DSCF0257.jpg

Here's our next friend...
DSCF0259.jpg

"Hey! Where ya goin wit dat needle! Woof!"
DSCF0260.jpg

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
DSCF0261.jpg

You it's gotta suck when you fall asleep all nice and comfortable....
DSCF0263.jpg

BZZZZZ BZZZZZ BZZZZ
DSCF0264.jpg

Prepped and ready for cutting....
DSCF0266.jpg

To be continued....

:D

Facinating. I have never wanted to look behind the scenes. I have always found it disturbing enough being the owner of sick or dying dog.

Now if our health care was as inexpensive as our K9 friends.
Course, more of us would be put down for not being to hold our water, and for biting co-workers. ;)

Zuki-Ron said:
Facinating. I have never wanted to look behind the scenes. I have always found it disturbing enough being the owner of sick or dying dog.

Now if our health care was as inexpensive as our K9 friends.
Course, more of us would be put down for not being to hold our water, and for biting co-workers. ;)

x2.

Must be a cool job though. :)

I'd love to post up some pictures of the average day at work, but my job would end up as ether... :D

Like when a ward staff got bitten by a delusional resident; took a quarter-sized chunk of flesh right off her arm, really nice. She probably won't be back on the job for a few months.

Or a week ago when two residents jumped a staff a beat him down before he could press his call button. Took four staff to get them off him. He'll be off a couple of months too.

Or a month ago when an HIV+ cutter was placed in the "safe room" and then staff discovered via video monitor that she had a razor blade in her mouth. They got to her in under a minute, but she'd already lost a pint of blood. Who's gonna clean that up anyway?

Or myself visiting a resident in the community and having to fight him in a moving van when he pulls a sharpened pencil out of nowhere and threatens to bury it in my neck if I don't give him my wallet.

Fun, fun, fun...

party1:

Well I could probably give you some fancy title that sounds good and expensive but I'll be honest...

I'm a baby sitter.

I baby sit human babies as well as electronic babies.

More interesting than my day at work....job orientations suck. Only one more day of it though. I did fall asleep during the hour long video about lifting stretchers with your legs and not your back, and got paid for it, so I guess I can't really complain.

GSequoia said:
Well I could probably give you some fancy title that sounds good and expensive but I'll be honest...

I'm a baby sitter.

Yes but we get payed lots of money to baby sit for electronic babies. Or in some cases the Elderly electronics.

GSequoia said:
Well I could probably give you some fancy title that sounds good and expensive but I'll be honest....

You mean like how I used to tell everyone I was a Petroleum Transfer Technician when all I really did was pump gas?

GSequoia said:

I'm a baby sitter.

That is a GREAT explanation of being in charge of technology. If I am not babysitting my servers and network I am babysitting some user who is panicking because he has to learn something new! Atleast I am not stuck in a cage though! Ofcourse as i type this I am babysitting some servers! It is 7:30 and I probably have about 3 more hours to go.

Still better than working on sick animals or people though. I don't have the stomach for that kind of work. I am glad others do though!

Well the cage is just where my servers are, this is my office where most of my time is (in fact where I sit right now waiting for 8.00 to hit so I can shut down servers)

clean.jpg

view1.jpg

view3.jpg

So if all else fails I can just stare out the window :D:D

My job would be a lot better if they'd realize I can do 95% of it from home and allow me to do so every day :) I've had the view for almost six years now - I can go without it most of the time!

GSequoia said:
My job would be a lot better if they'd realize I can do 95% of it from home and allow me to do so every day :)

X2.....Highspeed internet and VPN were created for a reason!

I am moving an SQL database to a faster server tonight...wish me luck!

By the way - That is a great view! I don't even have windows in my office!

They can keep the office, the view and the title, what matters is the check, and them not giving me any dell/hp/compaq windoz crap to take care of....
I prefer my sun V880's with a couple of v890's inbound....

RichP said:
They can keep the office, the view and the title, what matters is the check

Agreed...

I don't care if I work in a cave for 8 hours straight...

As long it pays well enough for my family to not live in one.

Don't bash Microsloth...Microsoft = Job Security!

A few years back I was working on a problem on a PC(don't remember what), the user asked me why it broke. I told her that Microsoft had an agreement with the IT sector that if we keep getting their training and certs they would make sure we always had work to do. For a few minutes she actually thought I was serious. It made for a good laugh.

EDIT: And you are right about the title thing...Who cares! The only time it matters is when you are preparing your resume.

GSequoia said:
So if all else fails I can just stare out the window :D:D

Heh, I think I know which building you're in! Company I worked for a few years ago had a client in there.

Can't say I have a view that competes with that (my cubicle's a lovely shade of 'blah'), but today was pretty good. Got to investigate the theft of some of our company's IP and have a definite suspect as well as what's believed to be the name of the person outside they moved it to. Stuff like this makes every boring, drawn-out product evaluation that falls in my lap worthwhile :D

Back