• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boring, but I had to watch

XJ Dreamin'

NAXJA Forum User
Watched the police chase around Houston yesterday. Dipshait in a Bimmer would let the police catch-up then open the throttle. He finally hit a Grandma with her daughter and infant grandaughter passengers. Fortunately, he was low speed on a ramp at the time, not doing 130 like he had been earlier in the day. The mother of the infant was ready to rip that guy right out of his Bimmer, but the police called her off. I thought they should have let her tear into him, at least for a minute or two. No injuries last I heard. The perp was arraigned early this morning but I didn't hear whether he made a statement.

ktrk_011906_suspect7.jpg

That's the mother of the infant on the left. She was ready to rip that guy up!

0313 said:
He was actually on the top of his car to get away from her? They should have let her go. That would be awesome.

She came out of the passenger door and scrambled over the hood to get to her mother and her baby on the driver's side. She pounded on the roof of the Bimmer as she went across the hood. She was checking on her baby and mother when the suspect, under orders from police, climbed up through his sunroof. When she saw him coming out she went for him. The police called her off.

If you hunt around on the Houston 13 web site you can find some video of the chase. The SOB was really cooking. Scroll down the video clip list. There are three or four videos. They won't let me hotlink individual clips.

99XJSPORT06 said:
man that was a heck of a crash at the end!

Yeah. At least it wasn't anywhere near his top speed. It was a classic Insurance Institute "half-n-half" head-on. Air bags saved the adults and the child was in his car seat. As the chopper flew around you could see that all of the air bags in the Bimmer went off: even the side curtain bags.

We watched that chase in between calls yesterday but I missed the crash at the end. When I did see it today, I didn't realize it was the same crash but DAYUMM she looked like she wanted to tear that guy a new one! :D They should have let her do it...

I'd have wanted to give her my Maglight and box cutter then told her to have some fun hasta It's probably good there wasn't a gun in grandma's car, bimmerman may have ended up with a few ventilation holes.

Back