• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission

slikinchiken

NAXJA Forum User
will an AW4 from a 1990 cherokee 4 liter fit into a 1993 cherokee 4 liter? the 93 is high output i believe so i didnt know if there would be problems. i sold mine to a guy with a 93 and he said that it went fast in reverse but slow in forward. the tranny was good in my jeep. thanks for any info.

slikinchiken said:
will an AW4 from a 1990 cherokee 4 liter fit into a 1993 cherokee 4 liter? the 93 is high output i believe so i didnt know if there would be problems. i sold mine to a guy with a 93 and he said that it went fast in reverse but slow in forward. the tranny was good in my jeep. thanks for any info.
If there both AW4's there the same.

langer1 said:
If there both AW4's there the same.
Not completely true, the shafts will be different spline count. 21 vs 23.

slikinchiken said:
the shafts WILL be different or COULD be? they are both 2 wheel drive vehicles if that helps. thanks a lot for the info.
In that case just get the matching drive shaft and your "Tacobell" (good to go).

Geepfreak said:
Not completely true, the shafts will be different spline count. 21 vs 23.

the output spline willnot mater for a 2x4 but the tranny controls are different but should be able to adapt the renix trans control to the odb trans

they told me that it would go fast in reverse but slow in forward, so if they would have left it what i am understanding is that the controls should adapt? i was also told that on certain transmissions the overdrive cable has to be adjusted?? i am just curious because the tranny was fine and now all of a sudden it's bad...doesnt seem right to me. thanks

First off, constant posting on a thread to keep it at the top of the heap will earn you a deleted thread, a time out, or being banned.

The trannies will be compatable, it sounds like your tranny has a problem, pure and simple. No adjustments will fix what you say is happening. Its time for either a new tranny or an overhaul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What more info do you need, do you have a different question that’s not been answered?

old_man said:
First off, constant posting on a thread to keep it at the top of the heap will earn you a deleted thread, a time out, or being banned.

The trannies will be compatable, it sounds like your tranny has a problem, pure and simple. No adjustments will fix what you say is happening. Its time for either a new tranny or an overhaul.

first of all if you (ABOVE) had read my posts you'd see that my question hasn't been completly answered.

second of all my tranny had NO problem a month ago, it should not have one NOW...i am simply researching for my own knowledge which apparently has nothing to do with you or anything you have to say so please don't be negative on MY thread THANKS.

slikinchiken said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What more info do you need, do you have a different question that’s not been answered?

first of all if you (ABOVE) had read my posts you'd see that my question hasn't been completly answered.

second of all my tranny had NO problem a month ago, it should not have one NOW...i am simply researching for my own knowledge which apparently has nothing to do with you or anything you have to say so please don't be negative on MY thread THANKS.
We have read your post and don't understand your question. AW4 1990 will work in a 1993.
"Is goes fast it reverse and slow in forward"
If so what's the question?

slikinchiken said:
i am simply researching for my own knowledge which apparently has nothing to do with you or anything you have to say so please don't be negative on MY thread THANKS.
You're not "researching" anything, you are merely begging that someone answer your undefined question. Secondly, I believe old_man is the NAXJA Prez, so if he gives you a warning about your attitude and behavior on his forum...maybe you should heed it. Don't like it? Run for Prez next fall...

slikinchiken said:

Stop being an ASS and state a complete question, nouns verbs the whole ball of wax....maybe someone might then be able to answer you? once you ask a real question, that actually makes sense

I have a 90 cherokee pioneer 4.0 auto 4 speed,my problem is the transmission started shifting wierd after not driving it for 6 months.I drained the tranny fluid and replaced with new,now it won't come out of first i tried to manual shift thru the gears but don't feel a differance thru 1,2,3,od all other gears are fine.Any help would be greatly app.

Back