• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any recommendation on a muffler shop in Santa Clara/Sunnyvale ?

Slonopotam

NAXJA Member #1358
Hi,

My muffler has a nice hole in its belly, time to replace. So a few questions.

1. Can you recommend / black mouth a muffler shop in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara ?
2. Is there any ghetto fix, like wrap the muffler around with something easily available from OSH to silent it for a couple of days. I would really hate to drive it like that.
3. Since I am already doing it, what is the most quiet cat-back system among hi-flow ones ? I already got a "hole-in-the-muffler" hi-flow system, but it is very loud :). The best would be if I do not hear it at all.
A link to any sort of noise measurement data is very much appreciated.

If you want a shop, I've had good words to say about Michael's Mufflers down here by me - Capitol and Pearl (down Pearl just a bit. It's across from Normandin.) That might be a bit of a drive for you.

For recommendations on systems, don't ask me. I like to hear my engine just a bit, so I know it's running! You could probably tell a shop what you want, and they could fix you up tho...

Sorry I can't suggest anyone closer...

Side Note - If you want to DIY, I've had good luck with the Walker Turbo II mufflers under my rigs. They're not loud, but they let you know your engine is actually running - and I find them rather mellow. And relatively inexpensive, and available locally...

Mufflers are for sucks!

Then again I don't have one and I always say "What?" after a long drive on the road. :gee:

Letterman said:
Mufflers are for sucks!...I always say "What?" after a long drive on the road. :gee:

IN TOYOTA PRIUS ?????

Not in your area, but worth the 40 min drive. Minute Muffler in Dublin, killer and clean installs, and Scott doe a lot of off road and custom jobs, very affordable.

Kwik-way muffler at Stevens Creek and Kiely across from Stevens Creek Toyota.

dard1324 said:
Kwik-way muffler at Stevens Creek and Kiely across from Stevens Creek Toyota.
If I recall, that is a place I went to before for "special" jobs...

They always did a good job, and whenever I went back for a quick and easy weld, they would do it free.

I ended up going to El Camino Mufflers (not sure) at El Camino and Pomeroy on Thursday. They did a good job, no complains, very quick.

Back