• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 2 door seat upgrade?

Jumpnj

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching the web first and here but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. I bought some older Xj seats like an idiot. Didn’t
59d99afd870bad32c8dfc6c1d696f278.jpg
edfbae4eec35ad976615d504eb6bd193.jpg
fit. I need to have the tilt function at least for the passenger side but would be nice to upgrade both and still have it. My seat is still clean and not worn but it’s just not comfy for longer than a 45 minute drive. Do newer wrangler seats fit in or do I have to mod anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for a set of older XJ seats that will be a direct bolt in for your 98 XJ you can use 95 or 96 seats. Jeep changed the seat mounts in 95 when they installed a stiffener cross bar in the floor. Do not buy 94 or earlier.

If you are looking for a set of older XJ seats that will be a direct bolt in for your 98 XJ you can use 95 or 96 seats. Jeep changed the seat mounts in 95 when they installed a stiffener cross bar in the floor. Do not buy 94 or earlier.

Thanks. Would you happen to know if I’m delirious or did they actually stop sliding back as far as the older seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back