• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank, but no spark

xjkid99

NAXJA Forum User
I have read threads about this before but my situation is kind of strange. I have spark at the coil but not at the end of any plug wires. Changed cap, rotor, igniton pickup in distibutor and the CPS. The spark is blue and strong at the coil but i have nothing after that. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

spark from the coil, to the cap-from the outside of the cap, to the inside on the rotor, rotor to the pins, then to the plug wires.

If the coil has juice flowing from it, its not makeing it because theres a gap somewhere. IF everything is equal, I`d guess the rotor isnt makeing contact with the top of the cap, OR the rotors edge is out of sync-a timeing issue.

basicly, what your saying isnt possible if all the stuff is inline- theres a break somewhere, or its grounding out.

If you're getting spark at the coil, and the cap and rotor are seated properly, it has to be the coil wire going from the coil to the center of the distributor.
There's no way all the plug wires went bad at the same time.

Try using one of the wires going to one of the cylinders in place of the short wire going from the coil to the distibutor. If the thing tries to start, you found your problem.

MAP

make sure both cap +rotor are same brand somtime there are differences in dimensions that could be a problem

Back