• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No fuel, fuel pulse, spark, or ASD realy enguagement

hotrodbuilder

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all. I just bought a 1993 wrangler (4 cyl manual) that will not start. It has no spark, no spark pulse, no fuel, no fuel pulse and no two-second fuel pump prime when the key is turned on. From this site I have learned about the ASD circuit and it is also not working. If I jump any of the relays, that particular circuit will energize. Is it safe to assume the computer is my issue? The CEL does come on when I turn on the key and the wiring harness seems good. Please let me know what else to try. Could a bad crank sensor keep all these relays from coming on?

have you checked power and grounds to the ASD? most of the engine controls get power thru the ASD. tried swapping it out for a known good relay? dont condemn your computer just yet.

Yes, swapped relays and checked harness and grounds. Is there a sensor that would keep the computer from engaging the ASD circuit when you first turn on the key and also during engine cranking? Thanks for the help.

Ditto on checking grounds and power to the computer and asd relay. Have you stuck a meter on the output from the computer to the asd relay while you turn the key on? I'd say if its not sending power to the relay at all then the computer is suspect. You should still get the 2-second run of the fuel pump regardless of crank sensor input. Getting a junkyard unit or someone willing to loan you theirs would be a good place to start.

Did you check the continuity of the harness?

"wiring harness seems good" sure sets off my alarm bells.

Back