• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winter wheeling

Skruffy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Any body interested in a winter wheeling trip this week? I am considering a trip around big bear/ san bernardino national forest. Looking for some respectable trails and camping spots. Planning for a thursday-saturday trip.

I know I can't do the next weekend as I'm on call at work. However, Trails offroad will definitely point you in the right direction when it comes to trails in those regions.

I know I can't do the next weekend as I'm on call at work. However, Trails offroad will definitely point you in the right direction when it comes to trails in those regions.

Thanks,
I will give them a call before heading out.

How difficult of trails are you interested in? John bull, holcomb creek and gold mountain are fun trails. You can also do the run from pioneer town up to big bear which is a mild run.

How difficult of trails are you interested in? John bull, holcomb creek and gold mountain are fun trails. You can also do the run from pioneer town up to big bear which is a mild run.

Im not scared.

I ran john bull a few years ago with 6" of snow and 20 other XJs. It was a slippery mess and lots of winching. Super fun. Never tried gold mountain. But will look into it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back