• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Liberty Wheels

I believe the bolt pattern is the same as XJ, but the offset appears to be different. The 16" diameter doesn't matter, as my son has ZJ Limited 16" wheels on his '95, with no issues.

Yes they are 16". and they are the same bolt pattern as a XJ too. The backspacing isn't what you would want though, you would probally have to run a spacer if you decided to run them. Why do you ask if you don't mind me asking.

Parakeet

Parakeet,
The reason i ask is because i have a set of 31's for my XJ
once i get the lift on but they are for a 16" wheel....and so i wanna
throw a set of them on my jeep. My only other question is how strong
are the alloy wheels? Are they gonna survive any damage the see on the trail?

-PJ-

Parakeet,
The reason i ask is because i have a set of 31's for my XJ
once i get the lift on but they are for a 16" wheel....and so i wanna
throw a set of them on my jeep. My only other question is how strong
are the alloy wheels? Are they gonna survive any damage the see on the trail?

-PJ-

some of the newer xjs had 16" alloys also, and they would have a more favorable backspacing

My 2 cents. I think you would be better off it you wanted to run a 16" tire is find a set of TJ rubicon take offs. They look great have a favorable backspacing and you can find them all over the place for decent price and some will even have a set of MT/R's attached to them. When I was looking for my KJ I could find them all day long with about 1k miles on them for about 700 bucks for a set. I'll do some reasearch and figure out what the KJ backspacing was.

Parakeet

They come with 15" steelies and 16" alloys. Depends on the model.
Are you sure about 15" wheels? The 4WDHardware catalog says "Libertys must use a minimum of a 16" wheel to clear the brakes". Of course 4WD is the Macdonalds of offroad shops, so I'd be inclined to believe someone who has seen one with 15" wheels. :dunno:

My 2 cents. I think you would be better off it you wanted to run a 16" tire is find a set of TJ rubicon take offs. They look great have a favorable backspacing and you can find them all over the place for decent price and some will even have a set of MT/R's attached to them. When I was looking for my KJ I could find them all day long with about 1k miles on them for about 700 bucks for a set. I'll do some reasearch and figure out what the KJ backspacing was.

Parakeet

liberty wheels are 5.5'' backspacing and they are 16x7. The TJ rubi wheels are 16x8 with 4" backspacing. I've seen alot of KJ's and XJ's running those wheels. That would be my second choice behind the cragar soft 8's. Look into it.

Parakeet

They will look like a sunken battleship! But, they will work and rub your lca's. Some of them are really good looking if you were willing to get spacers.

Are you sure about 15" wheels? The 4WDHardware catalog says "Libertys must use a minimum of a 16" wheel to clear the brakes". Of course 4WD is the Macdonalds of offroad shops, so I'd be inclined to believe someone who has seen one with 15" wheels. :dunno:

Some of the first ones out had drums in the rear. They could be had with 15" wheels. With disc out back it is 16 or 17's. JIM.

They will be fine.

Oh yeah you'll be fine. I wheeled the piss out of my KJ and it held up great. The thing about alloys I have seen is when they do go it's a new wheel. If a steel wheel gets bent you can sometimes bend it back to shape. Alloy breaks not bends. I watched a guy try and basically bounce his grand over a rock and it broke a chunk out of the side of the wheel. I wouldn't have a problem running them though and never did. Rock rash is a little harder to deal with though. A black steelie you can just rattle can after a run.

Parakeet

Back