• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle Relocation Barackets Installed

playwithit

NAXJA Forum User
Well I got tired of looking at the shackle relocation brackets I bought over two months ago. Install was pretty easy. I was to lazy to move the car out of the garage so the work was done in front of the house. The leafs shifted making it a little tough to button back up. Here's a few pics of the fun.
100_0290.jpg

100_0292.jpg

100_0297.jpg

100_0302.jpg

100_0303.jpg

100_0293.jpg

100_0295.jpg

I gained about 3/4" and I know it's gonna have mad flex yo!
Welding to be done tomorrow afternoon.
p.s. The rear diff leak has been corrected as well/

Looking good. When we did mine a few months ago, I thought the ride improved a ton. My shackle was straight up and down; after the install it was a lot closer to 45 degrees. I think it was a great improvement for the cost.

Looks good. Hows the ride?

I will let you know soon. Got called in for dinner and I wasn't missing that. :spin1:

Springs are flat and shackles are 45* at rest.

I'm just wondering if I'm gonna come down on the springs now and any damage? The TNT shackles are stout so hopefully no issues.

The Jeep is about 1 1/2" raked, so I'm due to install the spring spacers that have been in the garage for 6 months. This in conjuction with the long arms should be the cats meow;).

Shock lentgh issues next?

Whats the benefit of the shackle relocation kit? I dont know about suspension and want to improve mine any way i can. thanks for the help and not laughing to much at me.

looks great! Looks from the pics u just used a bottle jack between axle and body to unload the spring and installed one side at a time? I need to get mine installed next week before EJS and was just wanderin the easiest way to do this! Thanks for the info and let us know how it all works.

Don't forget to check your pinion angle. Mine was way off...

Forgot about that. I'll put the angle finder on it tonight while the welding is being done. Thanks for the reminder Eric.

looks great! Looks from the pics u just used a bottle jack between axle and body to unload the spring and installed one side at a time? I need to get mine installed next week before EJS and was just wanderin the easiest way to do this! Thanks for the info and let us know how it all works.
Ya, a bottle jack was used to push down on the spring. A floor jack on the sub frame to relieve tension on spring.

Those are so sweet!! Do you by chance have a pic of that thing showing where it bolts to the frame/uni? My frame/uni is totally wasted from the hitch being ripped off.

Those are so sweet!! Do you by chance have a pic of that thing showing where it bolts to the frame/uni? My frame/uni is totally wasted from the hitch being ripped off.

Best I can do.
100_0296.jpg

It uses the rear three holes. I plan on having the brackets fully welded. That may or may not be enough if you don't have the ability to bolt the frame to the brackets.:peace:

Thanks, thats perfect.. I am going to sleeve that section all the way back to the bend which will drop everything another 1/4 inch but it should still work.. Here is an ugly pic too..
frame-1.jpg

Back