• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed:shackle relocation brackets passenger spring not lining up

Mcmadman

NAXJA Forum User
UYOyIAq

So the driver side went in pretty easy. The brackets them self look even in relation to the bumper bolts on each side. You can see my springs look a little jacked. What am i doing here? It seems a little too far off for me to just pry just checking in thanks!

Now try using the camera at a distance that it can focus in on, plus I would want to see the shackle and mounting angles.

We need to see a picture from the side to see the angle of the dif housing and drive shaft .

What would that show? A pic from the rear showing both axle tubes and the center section would be needed.

Damn it do look dogged as a mf dosnt it i will snap a pic lster....i really am sick of working on this thing lol. I always found peace that i had an 8.25 i didnt have to touch.

Yeah, I noticed premature tyre wear on new tyres, turns out that my 8.25 center is about 14mm forward.
It had been T-boned with previous owner.
Wasn't until I put new brake shoes on I noticed a small angle in it.
Just about finished a diff housing torture rack to straighten housings.
Blew the budget on it but.
Owes me about a grand!
But handy for rare housings that get bent.
Not many people repair them around here.

Have you watched any straightening vids on YouTube?
I just picked up my 4 alignment pucks today from a machinist.
And using 30mm stainless steel round bar for the alignment bar.
The two center pucks fit perfectly into the carrier, and simply clamp in place with the bearing shells.
Once you slide the bar in, use the diff center as your true straight reference.
The bar on one side was actually touching the inside wall where the bearing seats!
And much the same on the other side....

The outer pucks are only used a center reference.
Once you have straightened the housing, the puck (perfect size match) Should be able to be slide into the bearing location smoothly.

I do not recommend using flame/ oxy.
If you have to, Do not heat the bearing area, or heat only a small area.
This will cause the tube to kick sharply in one spot, thus kicking the true bearing alignment out.
Spread the tension over the length of the bend.
And do not load the cast housing . Chock or load just out side of the housing where tube starts.

Back