• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaky noise coming from Driver side front tire?

89heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting a squeaking noise from the front Left (Drivers Side) tire at low speeds. It disappears at about 25mph. I do need to replace a tie rod end and the track bar but I am waiting to replace the entire steering. Could this be the cause? It is different then the belt and sound like its coming from the tire rather then under the hood. Only does it when moving at about 5-15mph.

On a side note. I just got some 31" KM2s and need a new speedo gear. ($144 ticket says so). Is http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-speedometer-gears/ a good place to get them?

Last edited:
Squeak from the tire could be a unit bearing going bad, or could be a break pad wear indicator touching a rotor. Either way it needs looked at.

squeak could be from a number of things: sway bar bushings dry, shock bushings dry, wheel bearing is going out, taddle tell on the brakes. Alot of my squeaks came from dried up bushings or metal to metal contact with my sway bar disco's... get a can of wd40 or some kind of spray lube and spray all your bushings up front and get a water hose and spray clean your brakes really good(brake dust causes a squeak too) and take it for a drive. all else fails you only wasted 15 minutes on a virtually free fix...

on your side note... your speedo isnt THAT far off... i have 33's and im only 5mph off at 55-60mph, even less than that at lower speeds and the cops usually allow a 5mph difference (60 in a 55mph zone). there shouldnt be a place in town where it has a posted speed limit faster than 55. so with that being said. you cant blame your tires on your speeding ticket... you just have a lead foot.

Got a ticket for going 82 in a 70 and then went to the shop to have it tested and at 70mph it is 11mph off. at 60mph it is 10mph off..

Last edited:
Back