NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 21st, 2009, 23:51
NAXJA Forum User

load control springs??

Has anyone ever used these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=370197118581

They are the springs that go over your rear shocks. I would be concerned about the stress the might put on the shock mounts. I used to work with a guy that had them on his Tacoma and the back end seemed to sit higher then my Tacoma and the truck rode really nice. (99 ext cab to a 97 single cab so i didnt think judging by eye is a fair comparison, i dont work with him or have my truck anymore either) I would love to be able to pick up a little height and weight capacity for $20. Please lend your opinions and if you have experience your the one i really want to hear from.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 00:33
NAXJA Forum User

Re: load control springs??

I'm not impressed by the spring clamps. I bought a set years ago, clamped them on and crushed a shock tube, so I tossed them.

Ron
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:30
NAXJA Forum User

Look into air springs. They make ones that go between the leaf spring and the uniframerail. I really doubt the shock mount can handle any load.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:54
NAXJA Forum User

Air spring assists are the way to go as far as I am concerned. I've had them on two cars and they make the normal suspension into a real load carrier. And for non-load conditions, they are adjustable. In the past, they were cheapest at summit. I don't bother with the air compressor and gages. The one that plugs into my cigarette lighter works just fine.