• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Seat Covers

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to remove all the seat covers on a 90 XJ? Im getting new ones made and they need my old patterns so I need to remove them. Anyone help? Thanks in advance.

I almost hesitate to say this....

Take out seats, remove hog rings, and peel the covers off....kinda like an orange. I hate to say this, but once you get the seats out it will become apparent how to pull the covers.

If this is not detailed enough for you, I am truly sorry.

Rev

I am rather slow. I have had the seats completely apart many times before and I figured out how to get the bottom covers of the front seats off but couldnt figure out the rest. Come on Rev help me out here what are hog rings?

Hog rings are the little metal staple looking things that are bent into place around the seat frame and tie the cover into the frame. The bottoms are that hard ones, the backs should just peel off. There may be a zipper on the bottom of the seat backs, I don't recall. I do remember that they are a breeze once you look at them.

Rev

I have separated the bottoms from the tops millions of times before, thats not a hard task, I know. The rear seat covers have zippers though but the thing is the zippers dont unzip all the way around them. So what do I do on those?

Back