• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote Start - Blower Motors Don't Turn On

GreatOdin'sRaven

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

1999 Cherokee Limited 4.0

I've installed a remote start on my cherokee. It successfully turns on my jeep but doesn't run the blower motors.

They turn on when I put my key in and rotate forward.

I searched through threads and found this post:

Not a stupid question at all... as it turns out I am the stupid one here. After tracking down a FSM I noticed tat when installing the remote start in a 97+ (?) you need to tie both into the keyed 12 (run circuit) and the black/orange wire (ACC) in order to get the blower motor circuit to work. Everything works like a charm now.

Thanks for the help guys.

I don'tunderstand. black/orange is Ignition 2 for my cherokee

Does this mean split the wire from the remote start unit labeled "(+)12V Output to Accessory" to both Black/white (accessory) and Black/Orange (Ignition 2) ??

Anyone run into this problem before?

If they aren't fed power thru the remote start circuitry you added, they won't turn on.

I added a remote start to a car I had once, and I fed power from the remote start system to the blower fan, but forgot to feed power to the A/C circuit, so their was no power to engage the clutch on the compressor, so I had no A/C cooling when using it. Heat worked fine (which is what I really wanted anyway), but you don't need to engage the compressor clutch for heat.

Find the power lead to the blower and tie it in.

Last edited:
Back