• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Spent the weekend at Lake Hickory with a group from school on a retreat and woke up this morning with a sore throat...awesome :banghead:

Finally got the XJ out of the garage under it's own power....and stopping under it's own power! It's at the alignment shop...and nothing fell off on the way there! Woo Hoo! Oh, and it still smells like small rodent pee as it warms up....hosed out under the hood again....

got alot of stuff done this weekend.

bent up and welded some tubing to my sliders.(still gotta finish welding them)
DSC04503.jpg

DSC04507.jpg

also installed a new cd player for the jams!
DSC04509.jpg

and finally installed a GM under hood light that has a 10foot span on it! since i am a chevy man at heart these have been on the past 2 trucks of mine and i love having them for those late night repairs far from home! so while i was at the junkyard on saturday i scored 3 of these...
DSC04510.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

best part about them is they are magnetic!
DSC04514.jpg

also mounted the new wheels and tires, front bumper, tail lights on the tow rig. and loaded the xj up for a test pull around the block!

went from this
DSC04416Large.jpg

to this
DSC04498Large.jpg

DSC04495Large.jpg

What kind of tube did you use? What vehicle did the light come out of?

Nice job on the sliders.

got alot of stuff done this weekend.

bent up and welded some tubing to my sliders.(still gotta finish welding them)

DSC04507.jpg

also installed a new cd player for the jams!

and finally installed a GM under hood light that has a 10foot span on it! since i am a chevy man at heart these have been on the past 2 trucks of mine and i love having them for those late night repairs far from home! so while i was at the junkyard on saturday i scored 3 of these...
DSC04510.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

best part about them is they are magnetic!
DSC04514.jpg

-

Maybe I can quit bending leaf springs.

Now why would you wanna do that? Have you tried Big Offroad leaf packs? I've heard good things. I'll be looking into some 5.5 to 6" leaves in the near future....which ones have you bent?:cheers:

What kind of tube did you use? What vehicle did the light come out of?

Nice job on the sliders.
D.O.M
and any 88-94 gmc or chevy 1/2ton, 3/4ton suburban, truck or tahoe/blazer.

and thanks! they were ALOT of work to get them the way i wanted them.

nice job on the traction bar. fortunately i havent had axle wrap issues... yet...

I've bent a Rusty's spring and an F-150 spring. Last time when I bent the F-150 spring I also broke the rear driveshaft too.
dang... a little hard on some springs are we... so far my rustys 4.5s are still holding up..

Yeh, I use the skinny petal alot when I wheel.
haha yeah i know how that is (with the old jeep) get locked up and gears and some good tires and your right food will get lighter... as well as your wallet... haha

I've bent a Rusty's spring and an F-150 spring. Last time when I bent the F-150 spring I also broke the rear driveshaft too.

Yeh, axle wrap will do that...I went through 3 sets of springs, and a very stout DS on my spring over Samurai before installing a traction bar and 6 leaf wrangler springs....problem solved. I had a set of Deaver 3 inch springs on my first XJ, held up well...no spring wrap. I think there were 9 leaves in that pack...heavy duty. The current ones look like RE 3.5's with a thick, long add a leaf, and it's bending the main leaf.....hmmm:tear:

Put a new unit bearing on the wife's DD. I got to replace pads and rotors next on it.
Got my DD cleaned up and out too.

Went to sons ballgame Saturday. The other team did better I think.:rolleyes:

Went to Springfield, Ohio to the Cars & Parts Show to look at......gasp.....International Scouts. Some very nice ones at that.

started building stuff in the new garage via a $100 Lowe’s gift card we got as a housewarming present

built a set of shelves:

garage001.jpg

then added a small workbench:

garage001-1.jpg

garage002-1.jpg

ran out of lumber last night, but got a good start.

Jeff

Back