• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Firestone Destination mt

I've ran across a few people who have them and they've all loved them. I guess they do well in mud and that they've been strong enough in that no one said they had ruined one, yet. I will say though that the biggest 'pro' of the tire was bang for the buck, not necessarilly that it was a great trail tire.

name a tire that is good in snow AND ice..;)
a mudder? from personal experience none, i found the hankook rt03 and cooper stt better on ice than the firestone, tread design I guess. I run winters (toyo observe 31x10.5x15) and they kick ass up here in snow and ice

a mudder? from personal experience none, i found the hankook rt03 and cooper stt better on ice than the firestone, tread design I guess. I run winters (toyo observe 31x10.5x15) and they kick ass up here in snow and ice
well thats kinda what i meant. Mud/terrains never do well on ice:wave1:

I think that most of us understand that as a general rule, AT's do better in snow and ice than most MT's. However, some MT's are better than others for snow and ice.

That being said, the two best things you can do to a MT tire to get better traction in ice is change the air pressure and add siping.

One of the largest concerns I had going to TSL's was the snow and ice performance. With them siped they are pretty decent. I have had better but they perform acceptably.

I don't have much experience with the Destination MT (other than GI Johns rig) but I would expect that that tire is probably reasonable with snow and ice performance compared with other MT's. I would suspect that the Goodyear MTR, Toyo MT, and maybe the Mickey MTZ would also be reasonable. However, I would sipe any of them that I was expecting to be on ice with.

Michael

I ran those tires for about a year....
Here is what i experienced:

Ice- If you have 4wheel drive and are open/open you will have no problems, i pulled full size rigs out with 4 inches of ice in most places.

Mud- The tires in mud are decent i would not buy them for just mud. They only grip well if there is a solid base i.e. gravel, rock, roots, etc.

Rocks- WOW! these tires are great for rocks. The tires are so soft and flexible they work great in rocks.

Street- There tires are great on the street and in the rain but they wear fast...faster than a normal a/t or m/t tire.

All in all these tires are great for an all around mud, snow, and ice tire!

Hope this helps some.

-PJ-

O rly? 4", huh?
orly9977fq.jpg

Back