• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thought i'd share the new rig..

I think you have the wrong Jeep nut Lavern...:laugh: Thats OK though, I did my stint with a Grand Cherokee too, but it was a WJ. I got rid of that though, and now have a 99 Toyota 4Runner :anon: There is something about having a full frame...

This is John Bellerbys long-running post.

BTW John, that is a very clean ZJ!! Best of luck with it.
Don't even ask me why I called him Andy ... must have you on the brain, :looney:.
Yeah, that post was indeed meant for John

interesting, what year is it?

This is an 87. Using a few parts off an 88 I also picked up last summer.

Colorado%20restoration%20jan2017%20008_zpsi5pfvfpg.jpg

Last edited:
Andy I guess you just love those darn ZJs, huh? Had a Niner myself some years ago, but eventually sold it & bought something with a real frame (Durango). Kinda sorry I did (sold the ZJ I mean). Anyway, lemme remind you sir ... this is the NAXJA, not the NAZJA:exclamati

:laugh3:
Well, they used to have frames, anyways. Now they are just hideous shapeless blobs ruining any nice highway views.
:kissyou:

And I bought another ZJ, gave up the search for a nice 5.9 when I found this. 94 one family owned, Florida and NJ garaged, 84K miles with the 5.2L V8.

[IMGhttps://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/ExpeditionXJ/00W0W_cmpPQRpr6IT_600x450_zpshoqislhq.jpg[/IMG]

Will get the same treatment as last, 2" spacers, 31's and Bilsteins. Unless I stumble upon some OME coils. Youngest daughter gets the current ZJ with 4.0L, wanted the V8 to pull the camper. Which is just about done, need to finish up the interior.

Canvas2_zpsht5qvd7c.jpg

Gonna try to meet up with y'all this coming year, been way too long. Hope all are well..

Finally got the camper and newest ZJ into the woods for a few days, drove out by Wellsboro area as the temps have been within my comfort range.. this guy doesn't do warm weather camping.

Camper performed better than expected, only complaint thus far is the bunk mattress.. that's gotta go before next trip at end of Oct. The newest ZJ runs, rides and handles better than any Jeep i'v ever owned.. glad I waited till the right clean, low mileage V8 became available.

I'll be getting out a lot this fall through spring.. camp every few years just hasn't been cutting it. If this pup didn't cut it.. I was gonna toss in the towel. I'm having a hard time doing any mechanical work these days.

Hope all are well..

Good to see you still on the radar screen, John.

Back