• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 gas tank question.

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know if it's my floater in the tank or if I'm just getting poor mileage, but I have a stock 95 auto with 3.55's and no matter how light my foot is It tells me that I'm empty at about 240-250 miles. I've thought about running it till it's out just to see. But My 92 5-speed with 3.07's would go about 305 untill I knew I had to fuel up. Also when I run it to what seems to be completely empty on the guage and refill, the most I can get in it is 18.5 gallons...so if I have the 20.5 gallon tank then i just answered my own question and the floater is wrong. right?

1) manuals get better mileage than automatics (usually)

2) 18.5 sounds about close. even if you're off by 2 gallons, it's not enough to worry about.

3) if you really wanna see how low you can go, grab a 5gallon gas can and run it till it dies.

4) what size tires are you running on your 95, auto, 3.55???

5) if other than stock size tires, are you sure your speedo/odometer is completely accurate??? that will mess up your mileage reading.

I have a 99 Xj 4.0L H.O. 3.55 w/225/70R15 Uni Liberators on it. Apparently I have the 20gal tank, and in town i get about 140-160miles to half a tank, so it sounds bout right....

Ex-Out

Back