• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TV cable needed with manual shift aw4 ?

Yes, it regulates internal pressure in the transmission and indirectly controls the shift firmness. It's either going to shift very sluggishly or not at all without it connected. Many folks incorrectly call it a kickdown cable, thinking of the older trannies where the cable would call for a downshift on heavy throttle, whereas the AW4 shifting is controlled by the electrical solenoids .

Yes, it regulates internal pressure in the transmission and indirectly controls the shift firmness. It's either going to shift very sluggishly or not at all without it connected. Many folks incorrectly call it a kickdown cable, thinking of the older trannies where the cable would call for a downshift on heavy throttle, whereas the AW4 shifting is controlled by the electrical solenoids .

With it disconnected, at wot, the trans will slip trying to shift due to not having enough line pressure.

I'm confused...what is a "manual AW4". Does the OP mean manually shifting an AW4, or is OP referring to a manual (AX-15) transmission?

I'm confused...what is a "manual AW4". Does the OP mean manually shifting an AW4, or is OP referring to a manual (AX-15) transmission?

I assumed no trans computer, and either shifting manually with the shifter or electronically with a homebrew solution to control the solenoids. The combination of an automatic that you directly control the shifting can be the best of both worlds for offroading.

Back