• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield Wiper Problems

magicangle

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I have a '93 Cherokee XJ and I'm having some problems with the windshield wipers. They work on intermittent and low settings. When you switch to high, you only get low speed. Also the switch for the windshield sprayer doesn't work either. I've tried a replacement intermittent wiper module, but that didn't fix the problem. They do return to normal position when you turn them off, and occasionally you hear a clicking sound at the initiation of the wiper on intermittent settings. Maybe it's the motor? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I had the problem where my wipers were always very slow. I replaced the motor and had the same problem. Some people have had the linkage binding, not in my case. I started playing around with the firewall connectors (cleaning) and all the ground points , not sure what i did but my wipers now work on lo and hi speed. One way to rule out the motor is to connect the motor directly to the battery and see if it goes faster, i don't recall which wires are hot and ground but there are wiring diagrams posted somewhere.

A bad wiper motor wouldn't explain the intermittent lack of washers, though. I'm thinking that maybe the combination switch in the column that controls whatever combination of turn signals, high/low beams, wipers, and cruise control your truck has might be failing.

the ignition switch that is on the column.
acdelco part number: w/ tilt ACDELCO D1405B
w/o tilt ACDELCO D1404B

I just fixed this problem on my 93 xj

Back