• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans temp gauge FITTING

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to install the sender for a trans temp gauge, in-line. I got the gauge, I got the sender. The brass sender threads in to a Tee with barb ends for the hose. The trans shop has compression fittings for a hard line but not for a hose.

Hardware store, we have a big Ace with just about everything here, except that fitting (they do have it in nylon, but not for high temp) NAPA? No! Plumbing Supply? No!

Can somebody point me in the right direction, this is driving me nuts.

Am I better off pulling the trans pan and tapping a bung in there?? Seems like a major pain, the in-line thing seems so much easier.

Don't you have a hard line coming out of and going into the tranny? Why can't you use either of those?

the_weirdo said:
Don't you have a hard line coming out of and going into the tranny? Why can't you use either of those?
I was trying to avoid cutting the hard line. I thought I could just snip a hose and put it in. I can't believe that there isn't a fitting for the hose.

Just like this.

100_0065.jpg

Found it with the help of a decent hardware guy, helped me put it together. Likely the strongest part of the whole system.

Is it the B&M kit?
If so it is designed for installation in the hardline for grounding.
You will get false readings if its not grounded somehow....

ParadiseXJ said:
I'm trying to install the sender for a trans temp gauge, in-line. I got the gauge, I got the sender. The brass sender threads in to a Tee with barb ends for the hose. The trans shop has compression fittings for a hard line but not for a hose.

Hardware store, we have a big Ace with just about everything here, except that fitting (they do have it in nylon, but not for high temp) NAPA? No! Plumbing Supply? No!

Can somebody point me in the right direction, this is driving me nuts.

Am I better off pulling the trans pan and tapping a bung in there?? Seems like a major pain, the in-line thing seems so much easier.

Hallo. A nice article in Jeepin.com ,installing a tranny temp gauge by Jason West can help you mayby. goodluck:clap: www.jeepin.com/features/tranny_temp_gauge/

aroncull said:
Is it the B&M kit?
If so it is designed for installation in the hardline for grounding.
You will get false readings if its not grounded somehow....

It is not the B&M kit, but I've got the ground figured out, thanks.

Back