• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear pattern check please, 8.25

jmeeker

NAXJA Forum User
Backlash is set at .008 and I currently have .031 worth of shims behind the pinion.
I`m thinking I need to add some more shim to the pinion. Sorry about the white marking compound. <LOL>
These are also done using setup bearings.

Drive side

IMG_2630.jpg

Coast side

IMG_2629.jpg

Last edited:
I really didn`t like the look of the drive side so here is the new pics with .006 backlash, but now the coast side bugs me :confused1
I also made sure I had more drag on the carrier this time too, it may have been lacking in the first set of pics.
Also, these are 4.56 gears.

Drive Side

IMG_2647.jpg

Coast side

IMG_2646.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just a rookie that did my front and rear. I'm sure more experienced people will chime in. I wasn't too concerned with heel to toe, if that is what is bugging you about the coast side. I don't think your pinion needs to be any deeper. Drive side looks good. BL is tight and in spec. I'd rather be toe than heel on the tooth.
Be sure to get enough drag for a good pattern. Also FYI, I used setup bearing on both axles and they do save time. However, they only get you in the ball park. Don't get too picky about a perfect pattern w/ setup bearing. I guarentee you your pattern will be different when you go for final. Getting close is good though. My rear only needed one adjustment with final bearings, and my front only needed 2. I'd say with what you have, go for final.

Back