• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

Financial and life reasons mostly. I could use the money and I can't afford to keep a tow rig and trailer. I'm not getting out. I'm just going to use what I learned in this build to build a smaller dd/wheeling rig.

I'm planing on 33s 3in of lift locked locked and some skids.

I think you will be super happy with 33s, lockers, and armor/skids.

If you build it right, you can run every black trail at Rausch and even some reds .... it will just require some good technical driving skills (which you already have).

PS - get an auto.

So there I was, thinking Jordan was a good guy.....and I was so wrong.

Unlike most of the NAC, Jordan is not a fan of playing with man trannies' sticks

If I get that XJ from you it will be.

I'm gonna have to start a new thread. Ive narrowed it down to either hamburger train or frizzle fry.

haha i missed what happened? you got your jeep back from out west and sold it?

Lol pretty much. I'm in the process of parting it out. Gonna (probably) buy a cheapish Xj from Jordan and build that.

right on, ive had a great time driving my jeep on 31's, 33's, & 35's, I can take it anywhere & not be afraid. Its not as street worthy as it used to be but I would drive it 3, 4hrs if i had too....

Yea and Harold wasn't built to do that. And it would have been way too much work to make him that way. Not to mention how annoying it is it redo stuff that you already did on a rig.

So I got a few minuets to strip the axle some more. I couldent get the rusty TRE nuts off so I cut the right one off with my grinder and cutoff wheel.

then this happened...

2011-11-13_20-50-12_99.jpg

the cutoff wheel blew up and hit me right in my face so that kinda slowed down my progress.

I found half of the wheel about 150 feet from where I was standing when it happened.

If this cutoff wheel exploded at throat level, it would have ended this embarrassing thread at 7 pages instead of 70

Back