NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 10th, 2021, 15:05
NAXJA Forum User

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
interesting. going hydro assist b/c I can keep mine from cracking. just bought SFR inner stiffener as well. but concerned about welding to junk sheet metal.

Curious how you go about it. going to pull my gear to tap and start welding

Get some practice material about 14 gauge in size and practice. A LOT. the unibody burns through and you’re ****ed trying to fix a hole that’s hot and thin.

When I did stiffness I was using .035 Lincoln wire and a feed rate of about 160-170 ipm.