• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air down and jeep pulls hard to the left

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
89 xj 4dr with almost new 33x12.5x15 cooper stt mudders. I run about 26psi on the street and have been airing down to 16psi offroad for traction and to play in the snow, I notice while aired down the jeep pulls hard to the left. What would change by simply airing down?? at normal pressure the beast goes straight. I contacted my tire guy at the store I purchased them and he says not to go below 20psi without beadlocks because I will do damage to the tire and could not explain why it would pull. True??I've always aired down to around 16-18 psi.

I mean yes they are all aired down evenly and equally, non-disco-open diff

does it only do it when in 4wd.

Maybe have your alignment checked out. Odd that it does it in 2wd also. I run 10psi on the trail and it doesnt pull.

16psi isn't too low. Most of the time I run mine at 10 when off roading.
I can't pinpoint any reason the air pressure alone would cause the pull.
I'd bet its just highlighting the actual cause...alignment, bad ball joints, tie rod ends...etc.....

Echo the last comment. I run 33x10.5's and air down to 8-10 psi for snow and rocks. Never a problem with pulling one direction or the other. Pulling is probably an indication of alignment, as an aired-down tire has more traction (more surface area on the ground).

alignment is booked in the am, why would they say not to air down below 20psi without beadlocks?

because they sell tires, what would they know about wheeling?

Back