• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 XJ for sale

albush1

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I have a 1989 Cherokee that I have done a lot of work to for sale. It has no rust, 225k on original motor and tranny, xfer case has 80k, all run and shift well. The exceptional thing about this jeep are the upgrades. It has a rebuilt Dana 44 rear with a Detroit Electrac Locker, a front Dana 30 with trutrac limited slip, gas tank skid, transfer case skid, a heavy duty OME lift front and rear with rear JKS 1.5 long for 3/4 lift, greasable shackles, Rubicon Express 2" rear blocks on top of this for 4.5 inches of lift. The front has the OME HD springs and 2" spacers for 4 inches of lift. Rustys steering upgrade, replaced/upgraded the cooling system to newer design, cold AC, synthetic oil, door locks all work, tinted windows,newer carpet, etc,etc etc... Also, I have a rear Custom 4x4 bumper with apare tire carrier and a front Warn Bumper with a Warn9.5ti winch. I have several sets of tires/wheels such as snow tires/wheels, stock aluminum rims with 235 Revo tires with about 30k on them, and 5 black steel rims with BFG mud teerrain tires - all with barely 2000 miles on the BFGs.
I haven't wheeled like I thought I would and we have our third child on the way, therefore I am trying to sell my toy. I live by New Bern, NC if anyone wants to take a look. She is a nice rig in great shape for the year/mileage.
Thanks,
Adam

Last edited:
Price?

Price...that's a good question. It really is a shame that we invest so much into our rigs only to realize a fraction in residual value. I wouldn't mind parting certain parts outt, such as the Warn front bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, Rocky Road single point jack rock rails, BFG Mud terrain 30x9.5x15 tires/wheels, maybe some other things. I also have a gutter-mounted roof rack (yakima, I think) and a fairing. The rear bumper/tire carrier, from custon 4x4, I prefer to keep on the vehicle as I don't have the stock bumper to put back on. Although, if someone were to buy the rear bumper/carrier, then I could install their stock one in it's place perhaps. I would much prefer some someone come look at it and we deal from there. I'm in no rush or dire need for cash, but still very willing to deal as I understand both sides of the buyer/seller ethos.

The Warn 9.5 Ti winch is sold to a very happy buyer! The Jeep remains. It has so much more that I've done, but I have a price in mind... $3,000 with the stock front bumper - everything else remains the same - Dana44 rear axle with Detroit Electrac, Dana30 front with TruTrac, RE adjustable track bar and RE adjustable LCAs with heim joints, Skid Row gas tanks skid, Rustys transfer case skid, etc,etc,etc.
Thanks,
Adam

I forgot to mention, it's also got a NP242 transfer case with a Rubocon Express slip yoke eliminator kit (the hack and tap) and a Rubicon Express CV driveshaft. This was pricey but worth it!!
Have a great night everyone, Adam

Back