• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO2 mass storage and refill setup?

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Anybody have any good online resources for a CO2 refill setup? I've got a contact outside the country (Oz) who lives miles from the nearest place to refill and brews his own beer. He'd love a large storage tank (which he has sourced) to refill his 5lb portable brew tank. He's looking for the regulator/refill setup for the large tank.

Even if they won't ship outside the country it's OK, he's here on business frequently.

Thanks.

5-90 said:
Try paintball suppliers - ask about "fill stations." Seems to me they've got loads of them, and paintball should still be fairly common Down Under...

5-90

'Fill station' was the term I was looking for. :) Thanks...I'll see what I can dig up. If anyone else has a link to someone they prefer to use please pass it along. :D

I dont know if this is any help, but somethin to think about.....I have two NOS tanks (think they are 64-65 each) I use with a fill station to fill 10-20 pound bottles. Cant see why that system wouldnt work. I have an account with Airgas. Give them a call and tell them you want to find one local. (800) 828--3434

You'd probably need valve adapters (small COs tanks use CGA320 valves, and N2O uses something different. Valves are varied according to gasses they are meant for, keeps you from screwing up and mixing up tanks,) and you may need different seals as well - isn't CO2 colder than N2O when it's flowing? I've not played with N2O much - but I know you can ice CO2 tanks and freeze regulators pretty quickly...

5-90

here ya go...

http://www.getzmfg.com/items/ShowItem.asp?ItemCode=58593

We use this on our trucks to fill Co2 tanks on the road from a larger 100lb co2 tank with a siphon tube.

You can also freeze the tank and transfer like a paintball gun cartridge, but it never fills to the full capacity...

I'll check my catalogs at work tomorrow morning....

Should have a price up tomorrow night.

Phil,

You check the local Welding shops? Tacoma Screw?

How about that place, I think it is called, Airgas (Tacoma)?

Back