• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barnwell Mountain cleanup

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
Just seeing if anyone else is interested? The weather is cooler and with fees waived it's a less expensive weekend. I am going to go with some others as we still have a trail with the nissan group I rode with.

EMAIL:
Make plans now to join us in late October for the Fall Work Weekend. Come on out by yourself or with your club and help maintain the trails for yours and others riding enjoyment and enhanced safety. We'll make sure all solo workers are paired up with a work buddy or group. Please bring your own tools. All entry fee's are waived for trail workers. If you work a half day, you can wheel a half day. If you work whole day, you can wheel a whole day. We will be serving hamburgers, hotdogs and cold drinks for all workers on Saturday only. Please remember to complete the volunteer log book to record all your volunteer hours. Hope to see many of you at Barnwell during trail clean-up!"

We may also need help with other things around the office. Last Spring we did some spring cleaning and painting. I will have a To-Do list at the pavilion. Of course, the gate opens at 8AM on Saturday and we usually get started about 9AM. As people come in to volunteer, we point them to the pavilion where they can sign up and maybe group up with other people. We usually have OHV and dirtbike groups work on certain sections. Side by Sides are a growing group and usually work on campsites or OHV trails. Feel free to add to this. I'd like to get as many volunteers as possible. This will be the last big cleanup for the year-end and before the OHV events start in the Spring. We have SCARR, Megarun and the Toyota Jamboree scheduled for 2013.

What dates?

Do the same people run that place from when we had ROM there back in 2010?

I don't think so... people seem to like the new managers. Justin (JTM) from here with an XJ is now on the board at Barnwell... I will ask him if he does not chime in.

Gotta work that weekend

i thought you sold or parted the xj

I sold the 89 black one. I have been DDing my f250 since summer 09. Unfortunately those diesels get expensive to mod after you get past basic bolt ons as you know, but the biggest problem is my fiance physically cannot push in the clutch because she is too short, so I need an auto. I found a 99 limited with tan leather interior and bought that. When I build it up, it will be done much nicer than my old one. I really wish I wouldn't have sold all the extra parts with the old one especially the drop brackets I bought from you a couple years ago. I never even got a chance to install them ...

I was really sad because I only got $1200 for it. Are you still up at in the Springs?

i know all about selling extra parts, then wishing you kept them. hell if i had kept all the good shit i've owned i'd have a seriously built jeep right now...

How many sets of hella 500's have you gone through?

Back