• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BBQ/GET TOGETHER OCT 20th... tentative

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
OK, let’s try and plan ahead ;) I like to have a BBQ get together each year for my “Off Roading” cronies. I have penned in Saturday October 20th for this year. I am kind of central as my buds reside all over Texas… I’m in Eddy, just south of Waco.

Family friendly and dog friendly too… this year I’ll try and have a safe place for un-socialized pets to be put safely.

I checked some calendars and did not see a conflict but please shout if there is. I’ll supply the BBQ and most fixins… you can bring anything you’d like to share… some of you bring some GR8 stuff annually. I’ll have some beverages but bring your own too.

Always a place to crash if long drive and want to stay the night… plenty of room.

PLEASE let me know so I know how many… or few to plan for!

It looks like I'm off work that weekend... let me check my calendar when I'm in the office tomorrow to confirm, but if I am, I'm down.

I will be there. Missed last years but not missing this years. Always a great time at the BBQ. And it's 5 days after my 35th birthday so I can drink to it with some good friends......lol

I've got a carbine course that Sunday. I'll see what I can do for Friday or Saturday.

LOL, convincing the wife isn't the problem. It's convincing the wallet there's enough money to go around! I had to skip wheelers for the wounded and just about everything else going on around here.

I know the feeling about the wallet. If you can possibly make it it would be great to have yah visit. I think Roger already said it but there are usually plenty of women/wife's there if the guy talk gets to boring to your wife. they usually talk about how we waste our money on the jeeps and guns...... lol. Wait till the zombies attack and they will see the money was not wasted....

I miss you guys. :( Work has taken over my life..

^ it's on a saturday. No work. Just come on down and live a day with out work thoughts...

I'll be on tour with my band that week. :-\

Well we do need entertainment...Up until we all get a little tipsy then well we create our own... lol. What do you play genre wise?

Just in case anyone is coming ;)

Here's directions:

734 Hodge Rd. Eddy, TX 76524

1. Exit 315 on I35
2. Proceed West on Hwy 107 towards Moody
3. pass through metropolis of Eddy keep heading West past homes and about 5 or 6 City streets.
4. On the right you will come to the first road on the right. It is the first right after the 45MPH sign. This is Mackey Ranch Road.
5. Make this right and it will put about a hundred acre field and woods on your left and homes and trailers on your right.
6. Take this road about one mile until the first left turn.
7. This left is less than or about a mile. There is a sign Mackey Ranch Subdivision. The road is my road Hodge Rd.
8. My house is like the 5th home on the right #734. I have a flag flying in the front and a horseshoe shaped drive.

If you have a GPS it's :
N 31° 18.376'
W 097° 16.793'

(254) 859-3333 HP
(254) 498-7967 cell

You guys have fun. I'm gonna get my xj up and running again whenever I get back on my feet. Wife just got a promotion so that's good but we're also in 2nd trimester for kiddo #2 so....

Hey Will... take care of the wife and those 1.633 kiddos ;) Get the jeep running and we will see you on the trails.

I hope the BBQ is like previous years but if only "the few" show we'll enjoy more food and beverages :)

Back