• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mod Day 18-19 Aug my place

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
I'm adding 4.5 coils,upper and lowver CAs', new leafpacks and 4 new shocks to my Expo XJ that weekend.

I'd sure like help but also any suggestions as to what else I may do while at it.

I'll supply BBQ, beverages and adult beverages if you can come and help. You can also partake even if you don't help and just come for the comraderie :) The more that show and help the faster we get to the adult beverages around the fire!

Let me know if you can come so I know what to get. If you have mods to do... bring them too!

If you have or know of additional parts I may consider while doing this I'd appreciate your .02 :)

Well Ill still be in full renovation mode at our new house or hopefully moving around then so I cant make it out. Plus its just too far. Have you looked in to shackle relocaters to help smooth out the ride in the rear? I plan on trying them out when I bump up my lift height a bit. Maybe add some LCA mount skids to strengthen them? Will you need to extend your bumpstops? Definitely easier with everything apart. In the 100 degree temps weve been seeing that fire sounds like a reason not to show. haha What suspension is on your Jeep now?

Current I just have 2" spacers in the front and AAL in the rear.

I will order shackel relocators as they do come recommended :)

Fire is for the brews we'll partake in during the "COOL" evening hours

so i just mapquested this, cause i really wanna meet new people into the same thing I am into and unfortunatly its around a 5 hours drive for me, wouldnt be bad if my A/C was working but its dead, plus i just did the drive to shlitterbahn a few weekends ago in my wifes fusion with a/c so i can imagine what it would be like in my xj without it

I may be able to get over to help you. I have no plans yet that weekend. I can do the window swap on the yellow one while there and work off the change on the other one if yah know what I mean.

Depending on the travel the suspension is going to have you will be at the max of the brake hoses front and rear. I used a 92 or so dodge Dakota rear hose and mid 80's chevy 1/2 ton 2wd front hoses. I have slack at full droop so at a little less lift then I do I know you will have plenty left.

JAY

Last edited:
Any preferred source for Shackel Relocators??? Which sponsor should I go with... are there any that carry them?

Just checked and it looks like Eddy is a little over 3 hours from me. Not close enough for me to make it.

swokla, if you were closer I'd come over and help figure out what's going on with the A/C. I've got a gauge manifold and vacuum pump. Somewhere I've got a huge assortment of A/C orings. Put some 134 with UV dye in the system. If it's leaking, you can find out where it's coming from with a set of UV glasses and light.

Roger, I'd love to make it but my wife just informed me that I had my months mixed up and family weekend with her side is that exact weekend. Lord knows there's a ton of work mine needs still from my rom damage.

Go with the HDO relocators. It's what jay, rich, and I all run.

Jay, I'm sorry I thought Will was posting about the brakes :(

Yea come on up if we hve time we can play with the Yellow but right now I need the lift on the white one.

Just checked and it looks like Eddy is a little over 3 hours from me. Not close enough for me to make it.

swokla, if you were closer I'd come over and help figure out what's going on with the A/C. I've got a gauge manifold and vacuum pump. Somewhere I've got a huge assortment of A/C orings. Put some 134 with UV dye in the system. If it's leaking, you can find out where it's coming from with a set of UV glasses and light.
I have an idea where its leaking from as I filled it with a can of 134 and it was lika fog as fast as I could get it pumping in there, just gotta break down and pull the radiator and get to the condesnsor, but with this heat getting the breaks done was the 1st on my mind, where abouts in texas are you at, I generally use this via tapatalk and it doesn't give me anything other than user names

Go with the HDO relocators. It's what jay, rich, and I all run.

We all the the version 1 version.. The new ones are just a tad bit better as far as the anti-crush piece goes....

Here is a link for yah Roger.. http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com/collections/frontpage/products/xj-shackle-relocation-kit

He is a NAXJA sponsor and his screen name says that the brackets are on sale....Last I saw his screen name that is..
Here is his info..... http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=12170

Family weekend cancelled. I'm gonna make it to RRC wrenchathon 2k12 for at least a day. I need to swap out my leaves. Anybody gonna be there that does gearing?

Whilst I'm thinking about it, anyone down for a jy run to snyders Friday? I need to find an airbag clock spring.

To late Will I bought Rough Country relocation brackets... any drawbacks with them?

Hey so you can make / help with the lift?

Yes, I have a compressor and air tools.

Hey, bring Sam or at least bring my plates and CB module ;)

Look forward to getting both or trucks done!!!

I talked to him yesterday. Said he shipped th plates but I can bring the other stuff

You spray penetrating oil on all your bolts yet Rog?

Back