• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what should i get next?

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
so my subaru is soon to go under then knife, and the jeep is almost ready for the wifey to start DDing. thus leaving me with options...

option #1

pick up a 67-72 chevy/gmc truck, make the cab daily drivable. lower it a bit. and rock the farm truck look.

option #2

pick up a 5spd 93-97 2wd ford ranger. prerunner-esque super bro style.

option #3

buy a 4x4 dodge extended cab and hope i can afford a cummins...

i'm really digging #1 and 2, it all depends on what i'm feeling when i have some cash, but peer pressure always helps
icon_biggrin.gif

-ian

I know where a GMC is in that year range, has a warn 8274 hanging off the front. I've been meaning to go back by and see what he wants for it. If it's cheap, I'll buy it, yank the warn and ditch the truck. Been there a while though, so I'm guessing he wants way too much.

Buy the diesel and burn cooking oil from the restaurants....

Just get a early to mid 80's chevy. Reliable and easy to work on. A good combo for you with having the other cars to.

i've really had a soft spot for the k5 blazer/jimmy since well for ever. in fact i was looking for some when i happened to cross the ad for my first XJ. but i need a truck, and there is a few decent trucks in town for sale.

A 4wd burb sure as hell wouldn't have left us stuck at the lake last night, lol. Checked the truck out this morning and looks like everything can be fixed with a good washing, no paint damage or anything. I woke up pissed that I let that happen. Dammit I miss the Jeep.

-Eric

Wohoo new kid post!
I'd go with a 89 blazer. I had one for a few years and that thing could handle anything. Pretty prerunner for a stock behemoth. Towed whatever I wanted it to and would haul ass down a dirt road doin 70 going straight when anything else stock would track. Thing was a monster. Anyways, just wanted to say something to feel cool. Best of luck.

Back